Venue: Golden Palm Events Place
Review: The venue is okay. Since M and I planned for a “small” wedding, we decided to get Golden Palm which could fit 180 people. We had a total of 146 guests and it was a little tight but manageable. What was really a nuisance was the 2 posts in the middle of the floor. I couldn’t see some of the guests and I’m guessing some guests couldn’t see us. Oh and there is a corkage fee if hard drinks are brought in. ★★★☆
Caterer: Hizon’s Catering
This came highly recommended. I love their food during the food tasting. My account executive was very accommodating. Turned out she was resigning. Good thing though, she was still very professional and she didn’t leave us hanging. :)
Also, the owner of our reception venue is friends with the owner of Hizon’s so this made things easier for us as the facilitators of both suppliers coordinate well and don’t need much of my attention.
Review: My caterer provided the best desserts according to friends (I wasn’t able to eat any during the reception :( I had no appetite at that time. So now I’m waiting for friends’ wedding who will use Hizon’s so I can finally taste those yummy-looking desserts). What I don’t like about Hizon’s is that in the short span that I dealt with them, all the people I talked to resigns. Good thing my planner, Lucille, is very accommodating and nice. ★★★☆
Photography and Video: Smart Shot Studio
Not my first choice. But due to budget restrictions plus the fact that we have good friends who can take good pictures as well and I believe I can almost always do the layout myself, we opted to try this. I’ve reviewed pricey photographers: there is no doubt that their works are great, but I think Smart Shot Studio can be at par as well. I wanted Jayson and Jo Anne Arquiza because I felt they build good rapport with their clients. Sadly, both are not available on the said date.
I’m hoping the photographers from Smart Shot Studio would do a great job too. But I have backup, just in case. I’m hoping the video will turn out perfect as well. I was aiming for Phobeon Teocson but he wasn’t free. We’ll see… I’ll give reviews after…
Review: Zandro, the photographer I chose, is a funny guy. His team is superb and they’re very nice. Zandro takes beautiful pictures and is a good director. Very patient too. The only problem I had was due to the miscommunication between account executive and photographer. I talked to the AE days before the wedding and she told me I can pay in cheque and only need to pay a certain %. Photographer charges me whole and when I told him I have readied only a % of the whole, he wants me to pay in cash. Overall, I am happy with them. ★★★★
Wedding Gown: Hana Saab Tomacruz
I met her during our first bridal fair. I love that she’s simple and uber nice. Her designs are wonderful, nothing over the top - no fuss, no frills. Just like the bride! :) Her place is near my office. Ironically, our appointments are usually on Sundays, which turned out better since I’m less stressed. She’s really very very good.
Review: I love love love Hana. She delivered my dress the day before the wedding and helped me get into it on the wedding day itself. And I was really glad to see her at the hotel’s lobby waiting for me to go down. I love the dress she made. It wasn’t so flashy and the lace and the beading is just so beautiful! If ever I need formal clothes again, I will definitely see her. Her office is just near my office plus she’s available on Sundays! ★★★★★
For those interested, I have her number. :)
Entourage Gown: Alden Chua
Recommended by one of our ninangs.
Review: I like his designs and his attitude. But I should’ve told him the wedding is on May 28 instead of June 11. 11 days before the wedding and still the gowns are not ready. Flower girls and mothers can not fit yet because the gowns are not ready. Good thing he was able to deliver on time. Thank you everyone for going to the measurement taking and the fittings. My MOH had a major problem and had to go to his shop the night before the wedding. Her dress had a 4-inch gap because the zipper won’t go all the way up due to wrong chest measurement. :( But Alden was able to address the problem.
★★★
HMUA: Almira Presentacion
I forgot where I got her info. I was going to get Jhonel from Jessi Mendez (the one who did my makeup for the Service Awards two years ago) but I just couldn’t get hold of him. At the last minute (when I was panicking for the prenup session), I contacted her to do my prenup makeup since she lives near us. I love what she did for my hair. I love my makeup then but M wanted it toned down a bit. Everyone likes it. So I booked her after. She’s nice too. And warm. *I’m starting to notice that we booked our suppliers based on their personalities… hmmm*
Review: I love my makeup. It wasn’t too much that M would not be able to recognize me. When I got to the altar, M told me I look beautiful so I know he’s happy with the makeup (M tends to be critical of any makeup I put on my face). My sisters and MIL look beautiful too. Except for my mom’s hair, which her assistant made, I am happy with the results. ★★★★
Coordinators: Friends
Thank you Kat and Weng for helping me out on this very tiring day!
Best moment: Weng hit my face when she arranged my veil and this made me laugh and lessened my nerves. Then we later found out that the door was locked and Weng panicked, which made me laugh harder.
Bouquet: New Yorker Florals
Tita Nina Ramos’ wonderful flower shop. Our Ninong Efren Ramos is sponsoring our bouquets! Thank you so much! I promise to ask my photographers to take lots of pictures of the flowers.
Review: All the flowers are so pretty. Love love the pomanders. Even the throw away bouquet was beautiful! I love how the simplicity of the design complemented my personality. Love the roses, love the calla lilies. ★★★★
Wedding Cake: Miss Matamis Bakeshop
The first time I heard of Miss Matamis Bakeshop, I like how apt the business name is to the business. Miss Gigi is the owner of Miss Matamis Bakeshop, but it was thru her sister (who was manning the booth then at that time) that had convinced me to get them for our wedding cake. Her sister showed us warmth and friendliness. When I met Miss Gigi, I liked her right away. She’s bubbly and I’m thinking fun to work with. Plus, I really like their apple walnut cake. :)
Review: We had no cake topper :( Miss Gigi got confused about the cake topper but she made up for it by delivering a cake to our house week after the wedding. I still love her cake and I am happy with the service she provided. ★★★☆
Invitation: Labor of Love
I designed the invitation. I like its simplicity. I also wrote the poem for the RSVP cards. Michael and I are in charge of creating our logos. Thank you Photoshop CS3!
Table Numbers and Misalettes: Labor of Love
M and I designed the table numbers with Bible passages. I didn’t sleep 2 nights before the wedding to finish these last-minute DIYs.
Music: mp3s
Michael is in charge of music. I am trusting my iPod for this one. I wanted to get Manila Philharmonic Orchestra’s quartet but with the limited space, I am not sure if they’d fit. So I have to give them up.
Wedding Prep: New World Hotel, Makati
Also for our wedding night. I love the feel of this hotel. Plus it is just across Greenbelt 3 which makes it accessible should we want to grab some snacks and last minute shopping!
Review: Super wonderful service! During our after-church ceremony photoshoot, I got so dizzy from hunger that I had to call a halt to the photo-taking and take a seat. The manger (a foreigner) saw M and I in our gowns and suit and congratulated us. When he asked me how I was, I loudly exclaimed, “I’m tired!” He then asked the waiter to bring us some water. M and I ordered food since we’re both hungry (and yes, we ate at the Cinnabar still in our wedding gowns and suit). When we asked for the bill, we were informed that the food is on the house courtesy of the manager (how thoughtful noh?) Another thing I like about the hotel is that when we were taking pictures, the staffs were all smiles and they looked happy to see us. Unlike in other hotels, they limit the places where you can take pictures and some say a “guard” is with you at all times. Not in New World Hotel! ★★★★☆
Bridal Car: Mr. Charlie Alvarez
Mr. Alvarez is super nice. I asked for discount and he was very accommodating. Super like.
Review: Love the car. Although it is not tinted and everyone saw me when I arrived early at the church, it was still a very cute car. Malamok nga lang inside but the aircon was working well so I didn’t mind. The driver was nice too. Meron lang mild miscommunication about the number of hours but it was solved naman kaagad. ★★★★
Souvenirs: Livestrong Baller ID
A short background: Ever since Michael got hooked to the sport of running about 1½ years ago, he became fond of the LIVESTRONG brand of accessories and sportswear. Furthermore, he discovered that part of the proceeds of these products goes to the LIVESTRONG foundation whose mission is to provide help and support to fight against cancer. Then Stell read an idea from an article in a wedding blog about choosing souvenirs that gives part of the profit to a good cause or beneficiary. The couple discussed about it and here you are with LIVESTRONG bands as souvenirs.
2/17 The souvenirs are now here in the house, waiting for us to label them.
5/25 Souvenirs are packed and ready to go.
** ★- Full star
☆ – Half a star