Behind the Scenes

Prenup:

2/17 We had our engagement photo session at Talisay, Batangas. Our photographers, Zandro and Randy, built great rapport with us even though M and I didn’t talk much at all; after all, I was a bundle of nerves! They showed us our photos and I love them all! These photographers are really great at taking pictures! Plus, my contact inside SmartShot, Ms. Alona, is the best. She’s so accommodating and helpful. Can’t wait for the pictures! Thanks to Michelle and Arvie for suggesting this wonderful and beautiful place to us and for somehow influencing the staff to let us take photos inside. I’ll be posting pictures as soon as I get a copy.

Arranging our schedule to have another prenup session with photographer friends.

5/25 Weeks ago, one of my photographer friends dropped some news on me. Apparently, he won’t be able to attend the wedding, much more arrange a prenup session since he will be leaving on the day we had agreed upon. I don’t begrudge his decision because it’s an opportunity of a lifetime but I can’t help but feel sad at the same time. Will have to start over the discussions again with his partners. Nashashy ako since I am closer to him than I am with his partners. But his partners are great naman so hopefully, we can still push this session.

Marriage License and Pre-Marriage Seminar:

Valenzuela City. For reasons I cannot really explain, we had to go all the way to Valenzuela City to get our license. So far, the two times I had to interact with Valenzuela City staff, they were funny and courteous. I like them. Hopefully, by the third and last time I get to interact with them (when I finally get our license), the impression will remain. :)

The pre-marriage seminar was quite enjoyable. The lecturer was cracking jokes every now and then. She kept me entertained!

03/02 Finally got our marriage license. Yey! We’re now licensed to wed! I was actually surprised that it was just a piece of paper. It could even pass for a scratch paper. It was also very cheap. 20 pesos for the license. The family planning seminar cost us a bit more. Even my fare to and from Valenzuela is more expensive than the license itself. I’m impressed with the Valenzuela city hall staffs. Even the security guards are nice. Keep up the good work, Valenzuela. I like it when dealing with government officials turned out easy and uncomplicated.

Pamamanhikan:

February 13 is our pamamanhikan day.

Totally so casual! Lunch at our home and that’s it! I totally love it! For those who know me really well, I don’t want complicated events so this casual pamamanhikan is perfect!

Sponsors:

We’ve almost completed our entourage list and already asked some of the people and they’ve agreed. We’re also hoping there’d be no glitch and everybody can make it to the day. :)

2/17 Visited most of the principal sponsors. Will be making more visits in the next few days. Informed the little boys on the special suit they’d be wearing. Next task on my list is to find a mananahi for the abays.

My diet was ruined! I had to eat cake. hehehe Love the cakes though! I think M and I are getting great godparents. Dad has a different view about the godparents but it’s okay. M and I are the first ones in the family to get married properly so I understand why everyone is pretty much into this. :)

3/28 Mothers have already had their measurements taken. One of the secondary sponsors and bridemaids and flower girls had their measurements taken as well. So far, so good.

4/09 Everyone in the entourage list had finally gotten their measurements taken. Woot! Woot! Next would be the fittings… Oh boy! Hehehe good thing it’s near Michael’s mom’s workplace. Wonderful to have someone help me with the entourage. :)

5/25 So far, only 2 of the 3 secondary sponsors have done the fitting. Okay, I’m starting to get paranoid. Will the dresses be ready for the wedding? What about the coat and pants of the groom? Can he do it in 2 weeks’ time? I don’t want to be a bridezilla so can someone tell me this is only normal?

Food Tasting and Caterer meetings:

2/17 We had already met with our planner. Ms. Karen is super funny. I like her. We’ll be having our food tasting this Saturday. I am excited to see the actual layout and designs for our event! Only thing I can say right now is: Paranaque to QC then back to Pque. Tiring!

3/17 My planner resigned! So I got a new planner, Miss Lucille. I’m wondering why the people assigned to me are resigning… Hmmm… So far, I talked to Miss Lucille thru email and phone. No face to face contact yet. But I get the feeling she’s as efficient as Miss Karen. But more serious.

4/07  Finally got the layout. Time to get busy!!!

Dress Fitting:

M will not be accompanying me for this. Plus, he’ll probably be out of the country so he’ll be seeing me wearing THE dress on the day itself.

2/27 Had my first fitting. It was just the lining of the dress but I’m impressed with the way Hana works. Will have my next fitting this coming Sunday again. Need to ask Hana about the train.

3/ Had my second fitting. My sister Steph said I look like a debutante.

4/10 I’m in love with my gown. I can’t wait to see M’s reaction once he sees me wearing it. Love the lace details.

4/29 My gown looks like Kate Middleton’s! Does this mean I have class too? My first thought was “Oh no! People will think I copied her.” But later on, I thought maybe we have the same tastes in style. hehehe. Her only advantage is she has a tiara. I don’t. :)

Invites:

4/23 Finally finished with the design and layout. Monogram is done as well and embossing is in the process. Printing will be next! Can’t wait!

5/11 Sent out e-vites already! Printed invites coming soon.

Honeymoon:

2/04 Booked our flight to Cebu. We’ll be having a “delayed” honeymoon in September. As of today, we’ve only booked a flight. Maybe after the wedding, I can take care of this naman.

Meeting with Coordinators/Friends:

5/23 Met with Kat and Weng (Maien had yaya issues :) so she can’t join us; MOH was able to join us after I helped her shop for her shoes). I realized I still have so much to do. That towards the end of the meeting, I suddenly felt overwhelmed. Good thing I have such cool friends to help me get through this. I have a lot of to do items on my list. hehe

Miscellaneous

5/23 Dreamt about the wedding last night. In my dream, when I got to the church, my friends/coordinators told me that the photographers forgot about the wedding; therefore, they’re running late. They will be able to make it on the reception na lang. AND then when I got to the altar, M was only wearing sandos and shorts because his coat and pants would not fit him. Woke up hyperventilating!

♥

We’re still thinking of a theme but I don’t think I want one. Maybe we’re just going to focus on a color. I think it would be canary yellow and lavender.

    ♥

    I received the sacrament of confirmation last January 16, 2011at San Miguel Church in Malacanang. Camila Geneston stood as my sponsor. They have weekly confirmation schedule:

    THURSDAYs and SATURDAYs at 200pm

    SUNDAYs at 1030am

    Our Songs:

    March-April Since CNN is the only English channel on the cable provided, I spent most of the time listening to songs on youtube.

    May 17 FInished the draft of the song lists. Waiting for Stell to put inputs and comments.

    Piano (Solo):

    March 27 Met my friend since high school somewhere here, thousand miles away from home. Small-world eh? Since he is very gifted and talented in Music (as well as in electronics stuff), I asked him if he could play something for us.

    He agreed and just asked me to give him the title of the piano piece/s so that he can prepare.

    May 19 Finally decided on the piano piece/s that my friend will play.

    Suit Paraphernalia:

    May 7 Browsed all the available choices in Mettler. Had difficulty matching the colors. After thinking for 10-15 minutes, I came up with a decision. Hope Stell likes it.

    Need to come back for it though since it needs alteration.

    May 25 Going to drop by Mettler today to pick-up my stuffs.